Wednesday, May 19, 2010

X day



Today is the birthday of Malcolm X, a man who was not afraid to change his mind when he was given more answers. Here are a few of my favorite Malcolm X quotes...

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself."

"Dr. King wants the same thing I want. Freedom."

"I want Dr. King to know that I didn't come to Selma to make his job difficult. I really did come thinking I could make it easier. If the white people realize what the alternative is, perhaps they will be more willing to hear Dr. King."
-- in a conversation with Mrs. Coretta Scott King.

"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything."

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. "

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success. "

"Truth is on the side of the oppressed. "

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it. "

No comments:

Post a Comment