Monday, April 26, 2010

Your Wonderland is my Twilight Zone



I have had the distinct pleasure of sitting down and having dinner with Tim Wise when he did a lecture at my college, and that night he brought me peace (at least for a few days). Tim Wise is a White man who speaks about White privilege. There is something so amazing to listening to a conversation that you are forced to have on a regular basis based upon the color of your skin. The night that he spoke at my college it was as if the seas had parted. The same things that I had been telling my fellow classmates for years was being said by this man who was seen as a person of authority. The ideas I had been trying to express finally sank in. No matter who the messenger was I was happy that I did not have to be a part of the conversation. Here is a piece that Wise has written , “What if the Tea Party were Black?”

Share on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment