Monday, April 26, 2010

Fail of the Week

I can not pretend to imagine the way that Chris Brown’s life has changed over the past year; however, I do know that this video he has just put out is not the way to go. I have often been sympathetic to Chris, not because I am a blinded superfan who thinks he did no wrong, but because I honestly believe that there is much more to the story that remains unsaid and he seems to be the only one suffering. At some point in college, there was a quote that stated; as Black women get older and more educated they fall out of the rap scene. The lyrics and misogyny in rap weighs heavy on your adult consciousness. Songs like this would be one of those moments. You tune out the words and just listen to the music and watch the cute faces prancing around the screen. Hopefully, Chris will find his niche and bounce back to creating true art. I love R&B, and even though I wasn’t the hugest Breezy fan in the first place, I recognize his talent and would much rather watch him grow as an R&B artist. Stay away from your yes men, and get back where you need to be!





No comments:

Post a Comment