Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Miseducation of Barbie




Anyone who knows me personally knows that I will often give a screw-face at Nicki Minaj Hip hop drones. I don't deny that she has talent, but whatever she is doing with her image just isn't for me. I can't take the personality rapping all of the time. When she spits hard and witty I can take her, but I must admit i often tune out the moment I hear her voice out of pure annoyance and a small amount of disgust. Despite my sister's insistence on playing Minaj's lyrics i grew tired of hearing similar lines over and over, and apparently there are lots more out there like me. It's easy to call people who disagree with your point of view Haters, but why would i waste my time hating on Nicki Minaj. That involves too much emotion. Check out this performance by Jasmine Mans in which she challenges Nicki to elevate herself. Here are a few of my favorite liens from her performance:



"Harijuku hyphen Barbie can and will never be code for queen"

"The mis-education of a Barbie doll coming soon"

"This microphone is not a dildo so you are going to have to cum a little harder than that"

"You are being stabbed in the back, inserted with a wind up string and a tag?
R, R, R, Roger that"





No comments:

Post a Comment